Monday, May 25, 2009

Rutgers Resort 2009!

We were very fortunate to spend a lovely weekend with Ben's side of our family. We went up to a resort in northern MN called Rutgers that we started as a tradition last year's Memorial Day weekend. My favorite moments of the weekend (in no particular order):
  • THE FOOD!!! I cannot even begin to explain the amazing buffet we had every morning and night! Breakfast for me each morning was french toast, fruit, bacon, hashbrowns, more hashbrowns, and a side of hashbrowns - haha! Dinner was always some kind of steak or prime rib, a type of fish, pork, and a pasta. They had yummy grilled asparagus, and a GREAT salad bar!!! And then there were the desserts - need I say more? My favorite was brownie pie - the kind of brownie that's still a little gooey inside...HEAVEN!!!!
  • I learned to golf! Well, technically I learned last year, but each year it's a complete re-teach! My wonderful mother-in-law, Ann, taught me...again! Whoever said mother and daughter in-laws can't get along - you are VERY wrong! We had a super fun afternoon, with the boys teeing off behind us! My 2 brother-in-laws gave me some great tips as well!
  • My youngest brother-in-law laughing until he puked, literally, while we were playing Balderdash. It resulted in about 10 minutes of rolling-on-the-floor laughter for everyone!!! Hahaha!
  • WINNING Family Feud - the prize being a weekend for 2 over Mother's Day weekend next year. (AND we cleaned up at BINGO too!)
  • Watching the boys playing water Bocce - I have a WONDERFUL husband & WONDERFUL brother-in-laws.
  • The beer after 18 holes of golf...I never understood why guys always say beer with golf is such a great thing...now I get it! Beer is definitely a necessity with golf!
  • The quesadilla my mother-in-law and I had while sitting by the pool after going out on the paddleboat - it really was the best!
  • My father-in-law's Scattergories answers AND my oldest brother-in-law's Balderdash answers - VERY entertaining!
  • Sitting by the lake with Ben Saturday morning reading our books. SO pretty and quiet and relaxing
  • Overall FUN with everyone! I love my family!!!
And here are a few pictures from the weekend:

Ben and I on the golf course! Me with my ridiculously huge sunglasses that left HORRIBLE tan lines!

Our cabin on the lake. Cabin 735 for the 2nd year in a row!

The boys playing water Bocce- BRR!

Our Family!

2 comments:

  1. Wow.. it looks like you guys had an awesome time.. Matt and I went to our family cabin this weekend as well and it was a great getaway!!! Hope you are doing well girl.. Have you gone to the doctor recently??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have facebook :)- sending you my info through a private message on WTE...

    ReplyDelete