Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Onto the 9th Month!

I can't believe it's been 36 weeks already and Baby girl will be here soon! It's a little hard to believe we'll be able to hold our little girl in just a few weeks! I can't even wait!!!

We've had a very busy past month!

My college girlfriends threw me an amazing shower March 21. They had adorable decorations, pink cupcakes, hilarious games, yummy food, and so much FUN!!! Baby Girl got spoiled with some fabulous gifts!!! I have the best friends on earth!!! Here are some pictures:





My mom's side of the family came up from Marshall March 27-28 and stayed for the night. My cousin Nicki planned an amazing baby shower day with my family! We had a BBQ, played games (the girls kicked BUTT at Family Fued!), and ate yummy food! Once again, Baby Girl got lots of great gifts! I absolutely LOVE my family and am so appreciative of them! Pictures to come from my mom once she gets them uploaded for me!

My co-workers threw a shower March 30, along with another co-worker, JoAnn, who is due a week after me with her first baby boy! My manager decorated the most beautiful cakes for the babies! The shower was ADORABLE and so much fun. My co-workers are so amazing! Pictures are to come from this as well!

We went out of town to Marshall for Easter weekend and had a good last weekend away from home for a while! The next time we travel to Marshall we'll have a LOT more to bring along! :)

We've been finishing up some things around the house, organizing things for Baby Girl, taking classes, and trying to get everything all ready!

The beginning of March we took our "Preparing for Birth" class where we learned all about labor and what to do in 8 hours. Hopefully we'll remember it all! Haha!
Toward the end of March we took our "Caring for Your Newborn" class, so learned all about bathing, swaddling, changing, etc.
And lastly we took a "Breastfeeding Basics" class where we learned all about the methods of nursing.

Soo...we know how to get her our, how to care for her, and how to feed her. NOW the big challenge will be remembering it all! But I'm not too worried - I know we'll do great and be fabulous parents, it'll all come naturally. It's just a very new transition, and I'm sure we'll get WAY too much advice, but that's where we smile, say thanks, and then take it or leave it. UGH, that'll get old fast! Haha!

Here are some updated pictures of how much she's grown the last few weeks!

31 Weeks 3 Days


36 Weeks

Now we're onto weekly appointments and just watching and waiting to see how things progress and she could be here tomorrow or in 5 weeks from now - we'll see!!! Last appointment I was measuring exactly on for 35 weeks, and dilated to 1 (yay!). We go in tomorrow for our 36 week appointment - hopefully things just continue to move right along and get her (and us) all ready for the big day! AND I still need to pack my hospital bag! It's just so hard to do when half the stuff I need to pack is clothing I need to wear now! Well, hopefully there will be more posts to come before Baby Girl is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment